Sunday, March 16, 2008

Some thing about wine

I just read from an article that why Why red wine is red and other isn't. I never think about it . But it is interesting for me to follow on what they said , it said When white grapes are crushed, they are pressed immediately or sometimes after a day or so of grape skin contact. The resulting juice is fermented into wine. When it is finished it is white wine, or more accurately, a shade of light straw or very faint green wine. .
Red grapes are crushed and the juice is left on the skins to ferment for a week and sometimes much longer. It is during this skin contact that the red color leeches out of the skins and into the liquid as it is becoming red wine. When the fermentation is complete, then the wine is pressed from the skins.
I think it is a good lesson for me too and I post in my blog because I think it is nice.

No comments: