Sunday, February 10, 2008

Do we need dietary supplements ?

" Dietary supplements: Do you need them?" it is the news I read today...and I asked my self too...am I really need it ? Inever think it before...so I think this is a good information for us too.
The answer depends on our eating and lifestyle habits and some factors beyond our control, such as your age. Dietary supplements may be appropriate if:
1. We don't eat well
2. We are a vegetarian
3. We consume less than 1,200 calories a day.
4. We have a medical condition that affects how your body absorbs, uses or excretes nutrients
5. We're a postmenopausal woman
6. We're a woman who has heavy menstrual bleeding
7. We're pregnant or trying to become pregnant.
8. We smoke
9. We drink excessively
If we're generally healthy and eat a wide variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and lean meats, we don't likely need dietary supplements.

1 comment:

Nature Nut /JJ Loch said...

I just found out I'm gluten intolerant to grains and had to make a big adjustment to my diet. I hope I find the right balance soon that's healthy for my body.

Beautiful blog!!!

JJ :D