Tuesday, October 27, 2015

How To Cook Barley Drinking Water

I never cook barley , today afternoon I decided to cook it.. .The first step as always online person , I searched on google hehehe.. and found few of them . But some of them in Indonesian recipe that  I am not like it.. The Indonesian recipe , have coconut milk..I want to cook as Chinese recipe .
After searched for a second , I found it too.. but I cooked it combine as my own style.

1. I put  about 100 grm barley in a sieve and rinse for a minute and after that , take a pan.. put the barley and fill with water about half pan and heat it.
2. Bring the water to the boil and then simmer for 20-25 minutes with the lid off. This will reduce the amount of water by about 1/3. The grains should be softened and cooked. 
3. I add rock sugar in it.. 2 scops of brown sugar in it.. and little salt ..It is done. Off the fire and wait for another 30 minutes.. and it is ready to serve.

No comments: